Try before you buy...
The best way to compare side by side
Flute Trial Policy
With a flute trial, you’ll be able to compare side by side your favorite flute brands before you buy. We ensure that our flutes will be in excellent playing condition. However, there are certain requirements and procedures that have to be met before an instrument can be sent. Please make every effort to keep the instrument (s) clean and scratch-free. Remove all rings and jewelry. Please only clean the flutes with the rag provided and swab the inside with your own flute swab after playing each time. Do not use the new polishing cloths and swabs in with the flutes until you purchase the instrument. Please enjoy your trial!
- We provide flute trials for 5-7 days for USA only.
- Maximum of 3 flutes!
- Trials must be requested via phone, email or by filling out the Request Trial Form
- Customer is responsible for the payment of the shipping to and from our location.
- A valid credit card is required.
- Valid shipping address required (No P.O. Boxes).
- Shipping will be charged to card provided once all flutes are shipped.
- A signature is required for all packages.
- Customer is responsible of contacting Sherry Lee by email or phone by the 5th day of the trial with the final decision.
- All flutes are insured by Sherry Lee Dealer of Fine Flutes while on trial.
- Flutes must be returned in the same condition as it was shipped with all additional items in the shipping box (including the polishing cloth, swabs, plugs, etc.)
- Sherry ensures that every flute that leaves for a flute trial is in excellent condition passing through our Flute Trial Inspection Checklist before packaging.
- PLEASE keep all instruments clean, scratch and dent free, and in new conditions.
- Special order merchandise is non-returnable.
- Instrument merchandise (including used or new flutes, piccolo’s, alto flutes, bass flutes, head joints, foot joints, crowns) may not be returned once purchased, so be sure to check out our flute trial option when shopping for an instrument.
- Damage in shipment is very rare but can happen. If there is damage to the package upon arrival please contact us IMMEDIATELY at 970-242-9364 or 970-773-6656.
- No refunds are accepted without prior authorization by Sherry and Patrick Lee.
- We offer the manufacturer’s warranty on every new instrument we sell. In addition, Sherry Lee provides a warranty for the pads, and adjustments for six months to one year except for damage due to misuse, abuse or malicious damage and that decision will be at Sherry’s decision. Our professional repair staff closely examines every instrument to catch any manufacturing problems before the instrument reaches you. Please note that the Manufacturer’s warranty and that offered by Sherry Lee may be voided on an instrument modified, adjusted, or repaired without authorization from Sherry Lee.
- We strive to give our customers the lowest price possible with the highest level of customer service and support possible. Prices are subject to change without notice.
- FREE shipping when someone purchases a new flute.
- Flute trials on Student flutes $800 and below NOT AVAILABLE.
- On Intermediate Flute Trials, shipping will be charged upfront, and then credited 1/2 the cost of shipping there upon purchase of a new flute. (Approximately the cost of shipping 1 flute). Customer is required to pay for all returned trial flutes.
- For Professional Flute Trials, $4,000 and above, shipping will be charged upfront, and then the cost of shipping 3 trial flutes will be credited upon purchase of a flute. Client is responsible for paying returned trial flutes.
- Shipping cost will vary on location and how we ship.
- We ship UPS.
- Shipping is charged once flute trial is shipped.
- Signature required on shipping.
- All items not purchased must be returned including plugs, swabs, polishing cloths, cleaning rods, and instruments wiped down and in the same condition as received.
How do I handle the flutes during the flute trial?
- Flutes must be handled with extreme care and must be kept in new condition.
- Flutes should only be played in the location shipped to, and in-front of your teachers, or at your teacher’s studio. They should not be played in public, or concerts.
- Do not wear any rings or jewelry while playing.
- After playing it, make sure to wipe down the flute with the polishing cloth provided and cleaned inside with your own swab. When wiping fingerprints off flutes, only wipe vertically, up and down the flute, not around the barrel.
- Do not lay flute on a hard surface after playing it; please use a soft cloth during the trial period to lay the flutes on.
Please Read this before playing our flutes
During the trial period, lay flutes on a soft cloth,
NOT on the case or a hard surface please!
Please understand that I sincerely strive to provide my customers with the finest playing, most pristine New instruments possible. Please return them to me in like condition.
Remove all rings (except wedding rings ) and wash hands often.
Wipe down the flutes after playing them each time
BUT ONLY with the polishing cloth provided to remove moisture and oily fingerprints after playing. Wipe back and forth not around the instruments.
Please return all the extra provided cloths, and rods with returned instruments
Charge for used kept rods or cloths will be $18.00 each.
Do not open the new swabs and or polishing cloths that come with the new flutes until purchased.
Please, when assembling flutes, assemble straight and evenly. If parts do not go together easily, Stop, wipe off tennon, blow off tennon and try again.
Please, never let anyone play these instruments unless they are currently interested in buying them. Let’s keep these instruments in New condition.
If you have smaller siblings in the home please keep these flutes put in a place they cannot hurt them.